CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Crescent Beach PopUp Gallery | August – November 2018
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JUNE 30
The City if Surrey is inviting artist teams and collectives to submit proposals for a PopUp Gallery in Crescent Beach, a pilot project developed to connect artists and community:
Contemporary art exhibitions
Artist residencies/open studios
Community art projects
Literary art projects
Crescent Beach PopUp Gallery is a 400 sq ft community exhibition space located on the main level of the Beecher Place complex in Crescent Beach. The intimate gallery space provides great street presence/visibility in a location with a high volume of seasonal walk-by traffic.
Group projects only (artist teams of 2 or more; artist collectives)
Surrey-based artists OR Surrey-based artists in conjunction with artists from outside Surrey
Surrey-based arts organizations
The space will be provided by the City free of charge. Artists are responsible for set up, strike, exhibition materials, marketing, insurance and managing public hours.
1. Please submit an EXPRESSION OF INTEREST with the following information:
• Brief project description
• Names of participating artists
• Contact information (phone and email)
Please send the Expression of Interest to email@example.com
2. Following receipt of your expression of interest, you will be contacted and invited to complete an application form
3. Application deadline is June 30
For more information, please contact Todd Ayotte at 604.591.4750 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: A second call will be circulated in the fall for the 2019 calendar year.