Surrey SPARK Stages is seeking proposals for performances suitable for children and families for our Surrey SPARK Stages weekend celebration of performing arts for kids and families happening May 24-26, 2024.
Surrey SPARK Stages is Surrey Civic Theatre’s year-round program of performing arts for children. Every May, SPARK presents three days of innovative theatre, dance, circus and puppetry performances and activities for the thousands of people who attend from Surrey and neighbouring communities. For the 2024 event, we are showcasing Surrey’s performing arts community with approximately 9 spots available to perform in SPARK’s Creative Courtyard performance space at the Surrey Arts Centre.
We are inviting proposals from individuals, or groups, with performances that are appropriate for children and families. Performances will need to be approximately 10–20 minutes in length and will be performed on an outside covered small stage in the Surrey Arts Centre courtyard.
Suggested performances could be:
- Music and/or singing
- All performances must be self-contained and self-supporting.
Indigenous, equity seeking and racialized artists, artists from traditional and non-traditional practices, and emerging artists are encouraged to submit project proposals if performances are appropriate for children and family audiences.
Surrey SPARK Stages will supply:
- onsite support with on-call technical support as needed
- small sound system for playback
- small stage approximately 8’ x 8’
- limited storage behind the stage
- scheduled times given in advance to artist
- publicized schedule on SPARK website
- artist fee for performances
Proposals should include:
- Contact information for individual or group representative.
- A resume or list of performance experience.
- Links to videos, website, and social media channels.
- Other information you think is required to best understand your performance.
- Performance fee expectations.
Please send proposals to Artistic Director Marnie Perrin at MLPerrin@surrey.ca by February 2, 2024. We thank everyone for your interest and proposal submission. Please note, due to space and schedule limitations, not all proposal applicants will be contacted or hired; those that are hired will be offered an agreed upon artist fee.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you,
MARNIE PERRIN (she/her) | ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
SURREY SPARK STAGES